Thursday, February 10, 2011

MUSIC FOR YOU TO ENJOY: VOL 2

Hello Friends,  here is the second entry to the incredibly well-received "Music For You to Enjoy" section of the blog.

To me, the following two songs carry a similar message.  They sort of convey a view of escapism.  The first song confesses "I keep holding on...waiting for the sun.  I keep holding on...waiting for the light...".  I think that towards the latter half of this winter, we all can't wait for spring.  Whether it's the Red Sox, or just the mild weather in general, the literal message of the chorus definitely applies.  Though these same lyrics can carry a deeper introspective message that screams of "keeping the faith and waiting for better days".  Either way, I think this song is great and the chorus is one that may stay in your head all day.  Without further nonsense, I give you The Shore-Waiting for the Sun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrBRLkiPM64


The next song is by Thriving Ivory. You may know this song.  But if you don't, you should.  "Don't tell me if I'm dying, cause I don't wanna know.  If I can't see the sun, then maybe I should go.  Don't wake me cause I'm dreaming...of angels on the moon..."  Without hearing the music that accompanies these lyrics, it might appear sorrowful.  But the song has a sweeping, epic, uplifting style about it.   This kid's voice is unlike most.  If you heard one of your friend's trying to sing like this, you'd probably tell him it sounds awful.  But this guy has such a unique sound and it meshes perfectly with the music.  Hope you like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWcXuu16ttc


No comments:

Post a Comment