Saturday, February 5, 2011

Live Like You Were Living

Live Like You Were Dying is a crazy thing to say.
It's what Tim McGraw said after Tug passed away.
Laughing, loving, splashing in the waves,
like Ben Franklin said, let's sleep when we get to our graves.
If I lived like I was dying I know I'd be sad.
I'd be stuck reminiscing about all the good times I had.
"Live Forever" is what I like to pretend.
For those that I love I don't picture the end.
Live like you were living and  take away the pain.
If we worry about the bad things there's nothing left to gain.
I'm not sure I'd be ok if I lived like I was dying.
I just think I'd sit in my room and do a lof of crying.
Kiss your wife and hug your kids and give your dog a bone.
Cherish your friends and all those around you and never be alone.
Make every day count and do the little things right.
And even if it doesn't snow, may all your Christmases be white.
Sing your favorite song in a karaoke bar.
Roll the windows down and smile in your car.
Be sure to take in sunsets.  Always enjoy the views.
And if you still read the paper, search for some good news.
There are more than a million things we can do to make us smile.
So make a difference in this world, enjoy yourself, and stay here for a while.





1 comment: