Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Incredibly Important Information

I wonder if there are more horses or snakes in the world?   Probably snakes.  Horses are so big.

Jay Leno makes me uncomfortable when he interviews people.  It's a very stressful way to end the night.  I don't need that kind of pressure before I fall asleep.  This is why I never watch him.  Conan interviewed Russell Brand last night and it was one of the funnier (laugh out loud funny) interviews I've seen in a long time.

The NFL Draft has quietly become one of my favorite sporting events.  I know there is no athletic contest occurring here, but it feels like a sport to me.

It's been a long time since I've loved a new movie.  Come to think of it, I haven't really even wanted to SEE a new movie for a long time.  But I will say that the movie Sideways (Paul Giamatti) is one of my newer favorites even though it's been out for 10 years or so.  Paul Giamatti is an excellent actor.  From Sideways,to John Adams, to Fred Claus, he does it all.  Pretty amazing for a fairly ugly dude.

One of my coworkers definitely looked like a feminine pirate today.

I think it would be funny if the poem "Stopping by the Woods on a Snowy Evening" by Robert Frost was quietly narrated by a snobby old man.  Then, when it ends, "Here I Go Again on My Own" by Whitesnake plays loudly.

One of my goals for the summer is to get in better shape.  I'd like to feel comfortable wearing horizontal stripes again.

Would you rather be a swimming bird or a flying dolphin?  For me, the choice is clear...


Shaq probably shouldn't be the oldest guy in the NBA.  His body is abnormally huge.  His legs are like rotting oak trees.  And I've never seen or heard about a professional athlete making more public appearances than Shaq.  I'm going to ask him to come to a cookout at my house this summer.  Ray Allen looks more like the guy who should play until he's 40.  He eats grilled chicken, rice, green veggies, and chocolate before every home game.  Fact.

Barack Obama just announced that he's running for re-election.  Thanks for ending the suspense, Barack!

I hate how there's always one person that yells out "present" instead of "here" when attendance is being taken.  You might as well yell out "yes, I'm a dickhead" instead.

I find that some people look like muppets.  I hope nobody thinks I look like a muppet...



...unless, of course, it's Rolph the handsome, piano-playing dog muppet!


Barry Bonds' defense team has rested their case without calling ONE single witness to the stand.  Is this common???  Sounds cocky to me.

If someone tells you that your best feature is your personality, you probably aren't very attractive.



And now a few thoughts on baseball:

The first name of the #3 hitter in the Indian's lineup is Asdrubal.  The #4 hitter's name? Shin-Soo.  Is this a sign of the times?  Or do these guys just have mean parents?

How many games in a row does Boston have to lose before it's ok to call them the Red Sux?

"Great to see J.D. Drew in mid season form, really digging in."-great sarcasm from Mike Felger.  J.D. is an awful baseball player  However, people say he's a good guy.  So that's nice.

The Red Sox are currently 0 and 4.  Texas, I understand.  But Cleveland??  I'm glad we spent December, January, February, and March perfecting our rotation! I  know it's early, but why did we re-sign Beckett and why did we sign Lackey?  Most fans thought the Lackey signing was strange at the time, now most fans think it was strange AND bad.  Dice-K pitches tonight...speaking of bad signings...

Another thing on Theo Epstein's moves:
I know we have a great farm system, but is Theo really that special?  If the Sox didn't pull off a miracle comeback in the 2004 ALCS, in other words, if Dave Roberts got caught stealing, we certainly wouldn't have praised him for the Nomar deal.  And when we won in '07, it was largely due to Josh Beckett and playoff MVP Mike Lowell.  People forget that the trade that brought those guys here wasn't even made by Theo.  He wasn't part of the organization when his understudies pulled the trigger on the deal.  Ok, so  Theo signed Big Papi before Big Papi was Big Papi.  He was just David Ortiz from the Twins-amazing signing.  But if you add up the annual salaries of Renteria, Lugo, Lackey, and Drew during their tenures in Boston (over 49 million), they earn more than the entire player payrolls of the 2010 Padres (37 million) and the 2010 Pirates (34 million).  That's not money well spent, Theo.

No comments:

Post a Comment