Monday, January 31, 2011

The Bookface: Status Issues

I hate how on Facebook people say the most obvious things in the world.  Things that lack any original thought, information, or entertainment make me wonder why the people type the things they type.
These typically fall into categories like days of the week, weather, physical condition, or a meaningless activity.  Here are a few that bother me:

"I HATE Mondays"
Oh really??  I thought you LOVED Mondays!  Thanks to your status update, I know that's not the case now.

"Fridayyyyyyyyyyy beer time and party time woo yeah!"
Why the extension on words that involve excitement?  Just let the exclamation point do its job. And again, it's Friday all over the world.  You're not solving any days-of-the-week mysteries here.

"Seriously? More Snow???"
Yes.  More snow.  You already know and so do I.  Why do you have to type this?  It's not like it's warm and sunny where I am and your little house is getting rocked by an extremely isolated blizzard.  We're in this together so just relax.

"My head is killing me."
Why do people always say this?  Why can't these same Negative Nancys tell us when they feel fine?  If they're going to bitch about a pounding skull then I'd like these same folks to bring some positivity every now and then like "boy does my head feel nice today!"  Even things out a bit.

"Ice Cream and jumping jacks then bed."
Not only is this a horrible way to spend the latter part of your evening, it's also completely irrelevant to anyone who doesn't live in your house.  If this is the stuff you find important and news worthy in your life then that sucks for you.  I'd want to hear something like "my baby just said Dad for the first time, I saw a bear in my back yard, and my nephew got into Harvard.  Now I'm going to bed."  Now THAT'S a status update!

1 comment:

  1. You basically said what most people are thinking. I know I have had those same thoughts. Well said. Well done. I can't wait for the next blog. And I definitly will never let you know that's it's Monday.

    ReplyDelete